You can take action on climate change by reducing your personal carbon footprint, sharing your experience with others, and putting pressure on leaders to support equitable climate action.
Take Action: What Can I Do Now?
Use our guide to discover opportunities to raise your voice for climate action and lower your personal climate impact.
Learn About Climate Solutions
Learn about what it will take to stop climate change, and some ways you can be part of the solution.
- Climate Solutions 101 – Free Course by Project Drawdown
- Guide to Lowering your Carbon Footprint – New York Times
- Introduction to Responsible Investment – UN Principles for Responsible Investment
- Starting your Investment Journey, Responsibly – Toronto Star Podcast
- Eco Anxiety: How Climate Change Affects Your Mental Health – Britt Wray TED Talk
- Exploring Ecoanxiety – Green Venture Blog
Learn About Home Energy Efficiency Upgrades
Learn how to lower the energy consumption of your home to reduce your utility bills and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Better Homes Hamilton – City of Hamilton
- Home Efficiency 101 – BACCC YouTube Series
- BACCC’s Home Retrofit Infographics for Homeowners, Contractors and Realtors
- How Does A Heat Pump Work? – Carbon Switch
- EnerGuide for Homes, Products and Vehicles – Natural Resources Canada
- Canada Greener Homes Grant
- Enbridge Home Efficiency Rebate
- Enbridge Home Winterproofing Program
- Report a Home Energy Efficiency Scam – Consumer Protection Ontario
Speak Up: City Engagement Portals
Discover opportunities to share your feedback on policies and advocate for climate action.
- Get Involved Burlington – City of Burlington Engagement Portal
- Engage Hamilton – City of Hamilton Engagement Portal
- Take Action in Hamilton – Environment Hamilton
- Take Action Burlington
- BurlingtonGreen Environmental Association
- Your Voice at the Table: A Guide to Mobilizing Local Government Climate Action
Programs for Residents of Burlington, Hamilton, Halton
View programs that can help you lower your personal greenhouse gas emissions and prepare your home for climate change.
- Electric Vehicle Information and Programs – Plug’n Drive
- Make the Switch – BurlingtonGreen
- Rain and Green Infrastructure Programs – Green Venture
- Zero Waste Resources – Green Venture
- Landowner Assistance Programs – Hamilton Conservation Authority
- Landowner Environmental Assistance – Conservation Halton
- A Renter’s Guide to Sustainable Living – Climate Reality Project
- City of Burlington Tree Planting Program
- City of Hamilton Tree Planting Program
Programs for Businesses
Learn how to take climate action at your business or workplace.
Jesse Elders (she/her), BACCC Manager
Jesse leads the Bay Area Climate Change Council. She is responsible for the overall management of the collective, including the development and execution of BACCC’s strategic plan, supervision of its staff team, and oversight of its budget and operations. Jesse holds a Honours Bachelor of Arts and a Doctor of Law Degree from the University of Toronto. Prior to working with BACCC, Jesse practiced law in the private sector, with leadership responsibilities as a partner of a boutique law firm. Outside of her work with BACCC, Jesse serves as a director of several local not-for-profit organizations.
(905) 575-1212 EXT 3538 | (365) 323-5985
Julia McLeod (she/her), BACCC Program Coordinator
Julia is responsible for overseeing BACCC’s communications, administration and project management work. Julia strongly believes that engaging the community and stakeholders on climate change action is necessary to achieve the region’s target of net zero carbon by 2050. Julia holds a Master of Environment and Business from University of Waterloo and a Bachelor of Science from Western University. She has experience collaborating with local businesses and community events on sustainability initiatives and achieving GHG emissions reduction targets.
(905) 575-1212 EXT 3875